AboutThe committee was founded when the church was founded. Its goal was to address and support needy people from Huruma and Githogoro slums. Most of the needy cases were bases health and payment of school fees for children from needy families.
OfficialsChairperson: Damaris Wambugu
Deputy: Gladys Kihara
Patron: Elder Mary Ndehi
Secretary: Catherine Kimiti
Vice Secretary: Helen Mochogu
Treasurer: Jacqueline Kiai
Campassion Patron: The Parish Moderator, Rev. Simon Kamande
The Health CommitteeThis committee currently deals with health cases. To aid in this mission, the committee has hired some nurses, accountants and community workers.
CompassionCompassion Internation later on joined in and partnered with the CSR Committee.
This partnership involves:
- Sponsoring 35 mother-child units for infants below 3 years of age
- Sponsoring and medical cover for around 400 children.
- Payment of school fees for school going boys and girls.
- Management of records for sponsored children
- Recruitment and employment of workers who manage and run the programme
Individual families from the congregation also occassionally sponsor the education of some children until completion.